Clarisonic Mia

 
I know I am a walking, talking cliché, but yes I did actually ask my boyfriend to get me this electronic face brush for Christmas. You might have heard of it before, the Clarisonic? It's only been raved about by almost every single person who publishes beauty reviews and their mom but I thought hey why not, I should throw my thoughts into the mix. So far I have to say it is definitely living up to the hype...

I opted for the older, one speed version just because I didn't think I really needed the extra speeds and beeps (plus I really wanted the lilac color which the Mia 2 doesn't come in). This model cost my loving boyfriend $119 at Sephora, and it came with the lilac handle, a sensitive brush head, a trial size Refreshing Gel Cleanser, and the magnetic charger. I charged it for 24 hours, and proceeded to test it out in conjunction with the Refreshing Gel Cleanser. I applied a small amount of cleanser on the brush head, then wet my face and pressed the button to begin. It feels nice against your face, just the nose feels a bit weird. After my minute was up I used the Lush Tea Tree Toner, then moisturized with the Vichy LiftActiv Night cream. When I was finished it was shocking what a difference I saw in my skin. My pores looked smaller and my skin looked brighter and more even in general. That was after only one use. With continued use, the effect hasn't been as dramatic, but I am loving it. I did have a purging stage where I broke out significantly but I have problematic skin in general so I can't entirely blame my dear Clarisonic for it. I will update on how I am getting along with it probably around the three month mark, when I get a new brush head for it. Feel free to send cleanser recommendations my way, as I am on the look out for something that does a little *more* for my acne prone combination skin.