Jouer Luminizing Moisture Tint Review

We've all been there, heavy foundation melts off after less than five minutes on a hot summer day... Embarrassing much? I have found myself sitting on the sink in my basement bathroom (the least hot place I could find in my house) numerous times trying to get my makeup to stick to my skin on days when it was particularly blazing. The solution, tinted moisturizer. Lightweight formulas packed with SPF scream summer.
Jouer cosmetics is a brand I was introduced to by Birchbox when I was sent a sample of the Luminizing Moisture Tint in my February 2012 box. It was love at first sight to say the least... The finish was something I had never experienced before. So illuminating, like you would imagine from it's name, and it also offered a nice bit of coverage. At the time the Colorado weather was pretty much at it's most freezing cold, but I vowed that once Summer came along I'd be purchasing a full sized version of this product.

And then came the Summer, with all it's sunshine and burning glory. I had a fair chunk of birchbox points saved up and so I decided to take the plunge and order a Jouer Luminizing Moisture Tint in the shade Golden. I never looked back! This product has it all in terms of tinted moisturizer. It gives a fair amount of moisture, the consistency is creamy and easy to apply, the coverage is buildable, and it leaves the skin looking extremely glowy and multidimensional. Now, I know there is for sure someone out there who would hate this product because of it's "sparkles." If you've ever used the Revlon Photoready range you know exactly what I'm talking about. If you put it on the back of your hand and there's enough light around you'd see the glitter. The matte loving gals should definitely steer clear of this product. Personally after close inspection in the mirror, I've found these sparkles don't transfer on the face too dramatically. They're actually responsible for that pretty glow you end up with. It's also oil free and SPF 20 which are both indicators that your skin will be happy.



For application, I like dabbing it on with my fingers and blending it out. For quicker and less messy application I use a kabuki brush, and off I go. The packaging is something noteworthy, because it is very Laura Mercier-esque if not an exact copy of it's oil free SPF 20 version. You get the same 1.7 oz in both, but the Jouer version is $5 cheaper. Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer is definitely on my list of products which I desperately need to try, and I'll keep you posted on how these two compare. You can get your hands on this for $38, either on the birchbox shop like I did or directly from the Jouer website. So time to spill, what is your summer foundation? Are sparkles really that offensive?